Distance education or distance learning is the education of students who may not always be physically present at a University Traditionally, this usually involved correspondence courses wherein the student corresponded with the University via post. Today it involves online education. Courses, Internet forums, online discussion group and online learning community can contribute to an efficacious distance education experience. Research shows thatsocialization plays an important role in some forms of distance education
GREEN HOPE UNIVERSITY (GHU) offers Open and Distance eLearning programs for students separated mostly by time and space. The teaching is carried out through various mediating processes used to transmit content, provide tuition and to conduct assessment or measure outcomes. The delivery mode includes; on-line provision, interactive CD-ROMs, eLearning and interactive learning where flexibility, self-study and a supportive learning atmosphere are key integral parts.
Teaching and learning methodology:
- Physical distance between teaching instructor and student for the greater part of the course with the utilization of media and technology to bridge the gap.
- Pre-preparation of self-instructional materials.
- Emphasis on learner-centered approaches/modes/models.
- Enhanced learner-support services.
- Equipped two-way communication.
- Independent of time and location to encourage a flexible learning environment.
- Bachelor of Public Administration
2) Bachelor of International Relations
3) Bachelor of Logistics
4) Bachelor of Nutrition and food science